|We’re keen to update you on the progress being made as part of the RFU’s commitment to improving diversity and inclusion in rugby union.|
Please feel free to share this information more widely if you wish. We will also send an update to clubs after CBs have had time to familiarise themselves with the plans.
The RFU has been focussing on four key areas of the game:
1. Game Leadership – volunteer leaders within clubs, Constituent Bodies (CBs) and Council.
2. Game Play – players, coaches, match officials and club volunteers
3. Fans, Followers and Partners
4. Employees and Board
Further background on each area can be found here.
Over the next year, we will provide regular updates in each of the four work streams. In this communication, we begin by focussing on an area in which you play such an integral role and look at how we can support you in this capacity.
Game Leadership – supporting volunteer leaders at clubs, CBs and Council.
Below you can find:
• An overview of plans that will be delivered by the RFU Council D&I Implementation Working Group. The attachment includes a progress report on each of the 10 recommendations approved by RFU Council that this group will focus on implementing.
• The information is available in both a PDF and more interactive format via the buttons below.
• A shareable jpeg visual that summarises the four key D&I workstreams is here.
Key areas include:
• A training programme to be initiated for Council and all Constituent Bodies to support with diversity awareness.
• Guidance to be provided by the RFU to Constituent Bodies and clubs to support inclusive practices and showcase best practice. A best practice recruitment tool kit to be shared to attract a diverse range of candidates for each appointment; supporting Constituent Bodies to attract and retain a more diverse pool of people.
Have you confirmed your CB D&I Lead yet? Our D&I lead in Cornwall is Steve Murley
We’re organising plans and communications for the 2021/22 season to support D&I Leads, kicking off with a workshop on Monday 23 August.
We know some CBs are midway through their recruitment process. However, if you need further assistance, or if you are ready to nominate your D&I lead, please contact your Council Member or MarissaLowe@RFU.com Read Update Interactive Format