The CRFU are saddened to learn of the passing of Graham Pauncefort following a long illness.
Graham gave valuable service to the CRFU as Club Representative for Roseland RFC and as Chairman of the Disciplinary Committee.
CRFU President, John Sumnall and the CRFU Management Board wish to express their sincerest condolences to Graham’s family and friends at this time.
Funeral arrangements courtesy of the family;
- Service. Dad’s funeral will be held at our local Church at St Just in Roseland, Truro, Cornwall, TR2 5JD on Thursday 20th January at 1100. There will be a service in the church followed by a short burial in the churchyard to which everyone is invited.
- Wake. The wake will be held directly after the burial at the Rosevine Hotel, Near Portscatho, Truro, Cornwall. TR2 5EW. It is about a 5 min drive, and everyone is warmly invited. We very much hope to catch as many of you there as possible. There will be a buffet and drinks.
- Parking. The church has several car parks and there are also no restrictions on parking on the roads (making sure there is room for emergency vehicles to pass). The hotel has two car parks: one outside the main entrance and then another one about 50 yards further down the road. Again, there are no restrictions on the lane. However, you will have to park the car in close to the hedge.
- Covid. We are in strange times and, as with everything else, we are going to have to remain flexible. There are currently no restrictions on funerals or the number we can have at the wake. We are optimistically hoping – as Dad would be! – for the current wave to start falling over the next couple of weeks. We want people to be comfortable and feel safe. We would kindly ask if you could wear a mask in the church if you are able to. For the wake, we have sole use of the whole hotel as it will be the day before it reopens. We are hoping that should give plenty of space.
- Accommodation. For those travelling there are numerous options, all of which will unlikely to be in high demand in January. The Rosevine is a very comfortable hotel and convenient. Given one of Dad’s most widely used quotes was ‘leave the keys, we’ll lock up’, this could be a good option. The hotel is not re-opening until Friday 21st January so you may not be able to book online. Please phone or email them (contact details on link above). Please do get in touch if you would like other options and we can advise depending on what you would like to do.
- Flowers / donations. No flowers please. Instead, we will be asking for charitable donations. Details to follow.
- Contact. Any questions please do ring us on:
- Tom: 07976 768626
- Emma: 07843 598121
- Please send this to anyone we may have missed. Dad’s network of friends was vast, and we are worried that we still have not reached everyone. Really looking forward to seeing those who can make it. However, we totally understand that this will not be possible for others. We plan to hold a memorial service up near London in the Spring / early Summer (details tbc).
Nicky, Thomas, and Emma