|Return to Rugby
|This edition includes:
1. Recommendation to pause community rugby between 3pm-4pm on Saturday 17 April
2. Applications open tomorrow – RUWSF Asset Improvement Loans
3. Return to Play – Government Step 2 off-field guidance
4. Rugby’s back! Press releases & summer activity
5. County Championship survey
6. Webinars and videos on demand
7. Typhoon RFC – Mental health awareness
His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
We were deeply saddened to hear of the passing of His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. Our thoughts and sincere sympathies are with Her Majesty The Queen and her family at this sad time.
As a mark of respect, we encourage clubs to follow the guidance below this Saturday, 17 April:
• It is suggested there is no rugby activity between 3pm and 4pm when the funeral is taking place.
• It is suggested for those present at the club to mark the national minute’s silence at 3pm.
• Should clubs have flags flying, we would ask you to consider lowering them to half mast.
A keen sportsman, The Duke of Edinburgh was last at Twickenham with his grandsons, the Duke of Cambridge and the Duke of Sussex, for the 2015 Rugby World Cup Final. We are very grateful for his support of our sport throughout the years.
County Championship survey
In case you missed it, the survey below has been sent to players, coaches, officials and volunteers at CBs and clubs (Level 3 and below), asking for their views on the County Championship competition.
This forms part of the wider review of the County Championship across the men’s and women’s senior competition and the U20s men’s competition.
We are keen for this survey to be shared far and wide, so please feel free to circulate to anyone you feel would be keen to give an opinion. The deadline to complete the survey is midnight on Sunday 25 April 2021.
Feedback will be collated by the County Championship Review Working Group and used to inform group recommendations/options to share with the Community Game Board on the future and format of the competition.
To read the rest of the update click on the link