How We Operate:
- The CRFU has delegated authority to hold disciplinary hearings within the County and the work of the Disciplinary Panel is governed by RFU Regulation 19.
- The Discipline Committee consists of a Chair and 8 others who meet as appropriate during the season.
- The Discipline Panel consists of no more than three people who hear the cases and decide on the appropriate sanction. They deal with cases from Level 5 down.
- The Discipline Panel has a wide range of rugby experience to deal with the issues involved and the Discipline Secretary works closely with the clubs and RFU Discipline to ensure fairness to offenders and importantly safety to the ‘victim’.
- Age Grade Rugby discipline is managed by the appropriate clubs or school.
- The Discipline Process is contained within Regulation 19 of the RFU Rules and Regulations.
- The regulations deal with not only players but coaches, clubs, their members and spectators.
- The sanctions that can be imposed are set by the RFU and the panel and members receive regular training and accreditation.
Discipline Secretary: Bill Hooper.
Youth Discipline Secretary: Jane Bell