|Return to Rugby
|This edition includes:
1. Council update
2. 2021/2022 Travel Funding and RFU Competitions
3. Age Grade Summer Activity – July
4. Allianz Inner Warrior
5. Pitch up for Rugby
6. Club Support – VAT Recovery and Lease Reviews
7. News round-up including Pride in Brighton and helping at vaccination centres to #TackleCovid
8. Webinars and on-demand videos
RFU Council vote in favour of Covid Recovery Plan and temporary pause on relegation
The RFU Council has today voted in favour of a range of structural changes to improve the financial stability and sustainability of professional rugby during the next three seasons while also providing benefits for England Rugby and the community game.
The Covid Recovery Plan, with a temporary pause on relegation, follows a detailed consultation that was announced in February after the RFU Council voted in favour of no relegation from Gallagher Premiership Rugby or the Greene King IPA Championship for the 2020/21 season. The extensive consultation included Premiership Rugby and their clubs, Championship clubs, The RPA, RFU Board and RFU Council
Travel Funding and 2021/2022 season
Further to announcements within the Community Game Updates on 15th and 22nd June, more information can be found below on travel funding support available for season 2021/22.
The document provides information on:
• Clubs travelling to play teams on Isle of Man, Guernsey and Jersey – women and men
• Mainland clubs travelling to the Isle of Wight – men
• Needs based travel funding.
It also contains the Needs Based Travel Fund criteria, how to apply and the application form.
RFU Competitions 2021/22 Season
Both adult and age grade competitions are on track to begin in September. We do, however, need to be mindful of Government’s announcement scheduled for Monday 19th July regarding the provisional lifting of all Covid-19 restrictions. The situation is being closely monitored and we are ready to react if there is a change to that date.
To read the rest of the update click on the link