Cornwall RFU are looking for a Head Coach for the U18/17’s county team to develop the players for their onward journey to the U20’s and beyond. This is a voluntary role, but the rewards come in the success of those players who eventually go on to represent their county in the senior team.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the requirement’s listed below.
• Complete the RFU Headcase online learning and Play it Safe workshop before or upon appointment
• A current RFU DBS certificate will be required once appointed.
• Hold a minimum of an RFU Level 2 Coaching Qualification or its equivalent and has played to a good standard.
• Demonstrates a track record of personal coach development.
• Articulates and delivers a clear playing and coaching philosophy that is in accordance with the objectives of the programme.
• Self-motivated, committed and enthusiastic about coaching rugby union.
• Has significant experience of coaching young adults at club, college and CB level.
• Is strongly biased towards a Player Centred in approach to coaching.
• Creates an environment that balances player development with team performance.
• Is able to lead & manage people.
• Is able to deliver sound coaching processes relative to the programme.
• Has a sound understanding of the RFU performance pathway for players.
• Sets high standards of personal accountability, reliability and responsibility for the players and assistant coaches.
• Is able to work effectively with other members of the U18s Divisional Management Team.
If you believe you fit the criteria, please contact Paul Howard, Team Manager via email to firstname.lastname@example.org